WELCOME to Its So Very Cheri

Friday, January 22, 2010

The Mullet Saga has ANOTHER 1st place winner

Let me tell you, when I am laughing as hard as I laughed from this e-mail, it definitely gets the tie vote for 1st place.

--I MUST WARN YOU--
DO NOT DRINK ANY BEVERAGES WHILE READING THIS POST

I am not responsible for liquids flying out your nose or spewing out your mouth.
Before sharing the side splitting post I want to let you know that
THIS has inspired me to start a new theme for FRIDAYS

THE FRIDAY FUNNIES

if you have a funny story you would like to share PLEASE e-mail me at cheri.peoples@live.com
I am going to see if we get enough funny e-mails in to post a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner each Friday.

-Pass the Word if you like to laugh-
PLEASE Help SPREAD THE WORD 
just so I have enough to post each week 
and 
please send me stuff for next Friday.
PICTURES ARE AWESOME!!! (hint: entries with pictures will probably get higher rankings just because you can see what has happened.)

PLEASE HELP ME
Do you think I should pick a theme for each week?
(ex: babies/kids falling asleep in their food or falling asleep while potty training; crazy animals,
funny husband/wife stories, weddings, do you write a funny blog each week?...  give me other ideas)
OR
Do you think I should just have people send me whatever and pick the 3 funniest to post each week?
 For next Friday just send me funny stuff BUT please tell me which way I should go with this?

This has been so much fun.  Now are you ready to split a gut laughing.  You know, I'm just preparing you, as any good hostess would do...
You need to get caught up to speed on what has brought us to this post before you read on.
To read the last 2 posts that go along with this post,
you need to go here first:
http://itssoverycheri.blogspot.com/2010/01/what-happens-when-you-combine-3year-old.html

and then here:
http://itssoverycheri.blogspot.com/2010/01/mullet-saga-continues-we-even-have-1st.html

Submitted by MOMMY DEAREST Jill from Such is Life
Just kidding Jill.
This post is titled HAIR TODAY GONE TOMORROW:
(I have copied this from Jill's blog-these are her words not mine.)
I have to tell a story, because these pictures definitely need some explaining.

I suppose this is a week for me to learn lessons. The two I learned last night were:
- Read directions BEFORE operating electric equipment
- Always double check what you are doing before you make any dramatic changes in ones appearance.

Lat night I bought some clippers to cut the boys hair, I have been cutting Scott's hair with some borrowed clippers and thought it would be a good investment. I decided to try out my new toy on Jack. I was fiddling around with all the attachments and amidst my excitement I forgot that I had taken off the clipper attachment and just the bare blade was exposed. I proceeded to take a massive chunk out of the golden locks of jacks luscious hair. lesson #1 learned..always double check. the damage was bad enough that I couldn't even buzz it...we had to shave him. bald. like not-a-hair-left-on-the-kids-head bald. No problem I thought, until I learned lesson #2 about one minute later. Always read directions. I neglected to read that the clippers needed to be charged for no less than three hours before using them. About one minute into shaving his head, the clippers die and this is what I was left with...

My very own Benjamin Button!
I guess we will know what Jack will be looking like in his geriatric years. Scott walked in from work at this point and had a panic attack. You can also notice jacks somber face, I didn't get many smiles from that little guy last night.

BUT, no worries, we let the clippers charge and now we have a FULLY bald two year old. (insert sigh of relief)

And now he is ALL smiles!



18 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! Oh the stories we can all tell. This is great. See what you have started. Maybe you could even make an ebook with everyone's permission of course and we could all buy it! I love this idea...anyone with kids has funny stories to tell! Life is certainly not boring!
    Blessings,
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I am Rolling on the floor laughing... What the heck did he do to get his head shaved... some details we will never know. Anyway...
    I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hysterical! Maybe have people consistently send you whatever, then maybe you could pick a theme for the day based on the material you've been sent. Sounds like a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind of pathetic mother would have done this to her poor little boy?!?

    Oh wait, that's me...I prefer to learn my lessons the heard way.

    I am thinking you should set a theme, and have people respond. I can't wait to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! what a funny story! i love that idea of funny friday.
    blessings,
    aimee

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is hilarious - thanks for sharing this and making me giggle today! Have a great weekend Cheri!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is too funny...I don't wonder the poor child didn't smile in the first couple pictures! Oh gosh, he looks like Opie in those pictures...with his reddish hair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO FUNNY! LOL!

    I like the idea of a theme... you could do a linkie party if you want and than pick the 1st, 2nd and 3rd to post for the next week... Just a thought!

    Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my I laughed so hard...only problem I didn't follow your advice about not drinking anything...oops. ;)

    Sami G

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bahahahahaha! Okay, took your advice and put the beverage down, or it definitely would have been coming out my nose!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahaha,.... oh my! electric clippers can be dangerous instruments in mothers' hands. I once shaved the eyebrows off my 2-year old daughter ... trying to trim her bangs wth an electric trimmer. Oy.

    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  12. This thread is so funny. I have thoroughly enjoyed following it. It brings back so many memories.

    My son, Collin, shaved a reverse mohawk in his hair (twice) because he wanted to look like a man at our church. This man, who happens to have lost most of his hair, is very nice to Collin. So Collin wanted to look like him.

    I have awarded you a Best Blog Award, stop by my blog for instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the idea of Funny Friday. I think it should be open to all topics. Will be sending you my best story later on today. No photos I'm afraid - it happened too long ago.
    Poor little guy. Thank goodness he wasn't a bit older - Mum would have REALLY gone through it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is totally adorable Cheri. I'll come and play the first week in February. Trying to finish up a big party I'm planning and am definitely just trying to maintain rather then add anything extra one! Cute idea, though! You are neat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely adorable little boy ~ with or without his hair. I can only imagine how Jill must have felt.

    I would suggest funny stories about anything & everything ~ not everyone has little ones at home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what a joy this was...he is precious, with or without hair! Thank you for the much needed smile today!
    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  17. That story is HILARIOUS!!! He's so cute though, so you hate to laugh but I laughed out loud!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading each and every comment. Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit. I wish I could sit and chat with each of you face to face, sipping on an ice cold lemonade (in the hotter months) or a nice hot cup of coffee (in the colder months), getting to know each other but this is fun too.